Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
How-to: fake a good night's sleep
It can be hard to get the recommended eight hours of beauty sleep we need each night, but just because you left that deadline to the last minute or stayed up a little past your bedtime doesn’t mean you have to show it. Here are a few simple steps to leave you looking bright-eyed and bushy-tailed so that your friends, family and colleagues are none the wiser.
1) If you can handle it – start with a cold shower (or luke-warm at least). Not only will it make you feel more awake, it also stimulates blood circulation through the body. If you’re stuck for time, be sure to still splash your face with cold water and use a mild brightening exfoliating scrub to help reduce dullness and puffiness
Product pick: Clean & Clear Morning Burst Skin Brightening Scrub
2) Your eyes are a tell-tale sign of a serious lack of sleep. Applying a cooling eye cream each morning can reduce puffiness and dark circles. Alternatively, a quick fix to mask dark circles is to use a concealer slightly lighter than your skin tone. Tip: ensure it’s a creamy, light-reflective formula for that extra brightening boost.
Product pick: Nivea Visage Aqua Sensation Anti-Shadow Eye Cream
3) To avoid the appearance of dull skin, mix some illuminating cream into a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturiser to add a bit of a glow to your complexion. A heavy formula will accentuate fine lines and flaws and can leave you looking washed out.
Product pick: Nude by Nature Soft Focus Illuminator
4) Use an eyelash curler to open up your eyes, try to avoid a thick, volumising mascara and opt for a curling, lengthening one instead. Applying eye shadow can draw unwanted attention to your tired eyes – instead, apply a hint of shimmer cream in the hollow of the inner corners of your eyes for a revived and refreshed look.
Product pick: Lancome Definicils Lengthening Mascara
5) Finish your look by faking a natural flush by sweeping a cream blush on to the highest point of the apples of your cheeks and blending. Adding a hint of colour to your cheeks will prevent you from looking drained and also deflect any hints of darkness and puffiness.
Product pick: Bloom Cream Blush Duo
Does your skin suffer when you don't get enough sleep? What are your top tips for hiding tiredness?
More beauty pick-me-ups on bh:
Get all the latest trends, photos and news from bh: follow us on...