Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
5 minutes with Kate Ritchie
Kate Ritchie is one of Australia’s most-loved personalities. We all remember watching her on our screens as little Sally Fletcher on Home and Away and more recently we’ve heard her on our drive home as part of Nova’s Kate, Tim and Marty radio team. Not too long ago Kate added ‘mother’ to her huge list of accomplishments and last week she was announced as QV’s newest ambassador. So, just how does she juggle it all!? We had a chat with her recently and here’s what she shared with us…
1) Has being a mother changed your perception of the importance of skin and body care?
I have always known the importance of skin and body care but have to admit being faced with a brand new little body with perfect, untouched skin does make you wish you had looked after yours a little more! When my daughter was born I did find myself wondering why we are generally okay about all the nasties we put on our skin every day and have since pared everything right back. This is how my relationship with QV was born and my skin couldn’t be happier that I am being a lot kinder to it these days!
2) What does your daily beauty routine look like?
I use a mixture of QV and QV Face products in the shower each morning. I highly recommend QV Intensive Moisturising Cleanser followed by a lathering of QV Skin Lotion and if I have time to wash my hair, I’ll be using the Oribe line of shampoo and conditioner for blondes as my hair is currently a lot lighter than it once was and needs extra TLC. I wear a light moisturiser and an SPF every day and can get away with very little make-up on most days in the Nova studio. Maybe a little concealer, a generous coat of mascara, a splash of cheek [tint/blush] (I like the cream variety) and lip balm to combat the air conditioning.
3) How do you balance being a career woman and a mum?
This is still a work in progress and I am not sure that is going to change any time soon as no two weeks in my schedule are ever the same. Most of my ‘balance’ has come from letting go of the reins a little and understanding that I can’t control everything anymore and I won’t always get everything done! I am also very lucky that my radio gig allows me creative consistency as well as plenty of time at home. It’s all the other things I try to commit to that make things crazy!
4) Which three products are your go-to when it comes to caring for your child's skin?
- QV Baby Gentle Wash
- Bepanthen for bottoms
- If in doubt, warm water and cuddles
5) Which three products are your go-to when it comes to caring for your own skin?
- A tinted moisturiser with SPF for early morning simplicity. There are loads on the market so it’s all about finding the perfect colour match for you.
- QV Intensive Moisturising Cleanser. It’s full of glycerin and so luxurious.
- QV Lip Balm
6) What's your number one beauty tip?
Plenty of sleep! Closely followed by no alcohol or MSG before bed!
What did you think of Kate’s beauty tips? Are you a working mum? If so, how do you juggle kids and work?