Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
Secret beauty products stashed around the house
Women are nothing if not resourceful, so it’s no wonder these beauty hacks have been discovered – all using items you’re bound to already have at home. There are even a few tips for using beauty items around the house! You can thank us later.
1) Combine soda water and salt to make your own hair texturising spray. Simply combine 2½ cups soda water with 1 teaspoon sea salt and transfer the mixture into a spray bottle.
2) Combat puffiness under the eyes with cold green tea bags. Aim to place the tea bags over your eyes for at least three minutes.
3) Use brown sugar as a DIY exfoliant. Just mix a little with your favourite body wash.
Image via savvybrown.com
4) Got a few creases in your clothes but don’t want to get out the iron? That’s what your ghd is for! #genius
5) If you’re having trouble removing your lipstick and eyeshadow, dab a little olive oil on your lips and eyes and wipe off with a tissue. It’s super effective.
6) Spare buttons lying around? Put them to work by using them to keep pairs of earrings together.
7) Coconut oil isn’t just a delicious addition to recipes – it’s a great hair mask AND skin moisturiser. Keep a jar on hand at all times.
8) Run out of blotting pads? No dramas – just use coffee filters instead.
9) Do you wish your perfume would linger longer? Make sure you smell divine all day by applying Vaseline to your skin before spraying.
10) No dry shampoo? No worries! Use a little talcum powder on your roots to absorb excess oil, then brush it out.
11) If you’re lusting after longer lashes, apply olive oil to yours each night before bed. It helps to strengthen and grow them. Who would have thought?
12) Bananas aren’t just a healthy snack; their peels can be used to soothe itchy and swollen skin.
13) Dealing with pesky lint balls on your shirt? Grab a clean eyebrow brush to lift them right off.
14) Can’t deal with that mess of headphones and wires in your cupboard? Use a hair clip to keep them from tangling.
Image via buzzfeed
What home or beauty items do you find have more than one use?