Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
We tried the 'Sock Curls' hack from TikTok and here's what happened
If you're one of the 33+ million people who have already viewed the viral TikTok video, then you'll already know all about the #SockCurl.
And if you're also like me, you'll know finding a matching pair of socks is something that just doesn't happen. But that's ok, because they don't need to match! Rejoice.
And while I am trying to resist the downward spiral of the average TikTok users day (wake up, shower, TikTok, realise is 2053 and that the limit does not exist) - there are some videos I just need to try out for myself. And yep, the sock curl made the list.
My sock curl journey
1. Section damp pieces of hair into two parts
2. Wrap these parts around a long sock, in a criss-cross shape (I'm going to go ahead and presume we all know this is to be a clean sock)
3. Fasten with a hair tie at the bottom
4. Repeat until you're entire hair look like this:
(Stylish, I know)
5. Once the hair is dry (or once you wake up if you decide to sleep in it), untie the socks
6. Let your new stunning curls bounce around to the sound of your voice saying 'oh my gosh it actually worked!'
Curling techniques have been around long before our beloved wands and irons, so this isn't revolutionary - it certainly entertained me for a few hours!
If you want to see the expert TikToker's try it out, check out a video here.
Have you tried this type of curling technique before? Will you give it a go?