Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
3 winter hair colour techniques: Classic tortoiseshell
Looking for a way to give your colour a bit of a pop, without doing anything too dramatic? Schwarzkopf classic tortoiseshell is an at-home colouring technique that brings your hair back to life and adds dimension in five simple steps. The result? You, but better!
Watch Claire show you how easy it is to give your hair more vibrancy at home.
To create this look, choose two shades that contrast with your natural hair colour. Claire is using Fashion Lights Sunkissed Blonde and Elegant Amber Brown from the Schwarzkopf Brilliance range.
- Secure a small section of hair on top of your head to be left uncoloured.
- With your shoulders covered and protective gloves on, empty either the Schwarzkopf Diamond Gloss Serum or Blonding Powder into the application bottle with the Colour Crème and shake well until it forms a smooth cream.
- Starting with the lighter of your chosen shades, apply the colour to alternative panels of hair, leaving every third panel uncoloured. Focus the colour on the ends of the hair, gradually fading the colour upwards into the mid-lengths for a more natural blend.
bh tip: As this is a free-hand technique, it doesn’t matter if your panels aren’t exactly the same size.
- Leave this to process for up to 45 minutes, checking regularly that the colour development is reaching your desired result.
- To finish, add some water to emulsify the colour cream, then rinse your hair until the water runs clear and condition with the Schwarzkopf Brilliance Colour-Shine Conditioner.