Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
3 winter hair colour techniques: Colour smudge
Love your colour, but not those pesky greys? The Schwarzkopf colour smudge technique is great for covering unwanted greys and root touch-ups. Watch Jess show you how to refresh your hair at home, with effective results.
For this look, choose a shade that is close to your natural hair colour. Jess is using Chocolate Mystery from the Schwarzkopf Brilliance range.
- To start, part your hair as normal, and brush through to ensure your hair is knot- and tangle-free.
- With your shoulders covered and protective gloves on, empty the Schwarzkopf Diamond Gloss Serum and Colour Crème into the application bottle and shake well until it forms a smooth cream.
- Working in sections, squeeze the colour directly onto your roots, then use your fingers to smudge the colour through to your mid-lengths, making sure to keep the ends of your hair colour-free.
bh tip: Pay attention to where you stop the colour on each side of your head, as you want to keep this symmetrical.
- Leave this to process for up to 30 minutes, checking regularly to ensure you are happy with the colour depth.
- To finish, add some water to emulsify the hair colour, then rinse until the water runs clear and condition with the Schwarzkopf Brilliance Colour-Shine Conditioner.