How-to: make a smoothing foot scrub
When your feet are particularly rough and moisturiser alone just isn’t cutting it, it’s time to step up your foot care routine with a smoothing scrub. Foot exfoliation attacks the dry, thickened areas of skin that your moisturiser can’t penetrate; breaking down dead skin cells to reveal the fresh, smoother-looking skin beneath the surface.
Save a fortune and make your own smoothing foot treatment scrub with our DIY recipe:
Smoothing foot care scrub
What you’ll need:
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
A medium bowl
A bathtub (or deep container) half-full with warm (not hot) water
1. Tip all of the ingredients into the bowl and mix well to combine. The mixture should form a thick, smooth, sticky paste.
2. Set mixture aside and put your feet into the bath. Soak in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften up skin.
3. With feet still in the tub, slather smoothing foot care scrub generously over one foot, working into the skin with firm, circular motions and concentrating on any extra-hard areas, adding more exfoliating paste where necessary.
4. Repeat on the other foot.
5. Rinse off in the tub for silky soft, smooth feet.
The honey and olive oil in this foot exfoliation treatment both act to penetrate and nourish dry skin, whilst the rough granules of brown sugar crystals will slough away built-up areas of dead skin cells. Lemon juice will clean feet and leave them smelling citrus fresh.