Three hot New Year's Eve makeup looks
Yippee! It’s the end of the year and that means it’s time to ring in the New Year in style! That means a new dress, a rockin’ hairstyle and a make-up look that’ll stop traffic. Not literally of course… that could end badly.
So where do you go to find a make-up look that will inspire you to see in the New Year in style? Why, to beautyheaven of course! We’ve got three seriously ah-mazing party make-up looks for you to try – all you need to do is decide whether you want to go girly, glam or goddess-like.
MAKE-UP TREND TO TRY: oh-so girly like Tulisa Contostavlos
So pink and pretty, this look is great on the British songstress. Team your bright lip with an equally bright frock to really stand out from the crowd.
- To start, choose a foundation that will provide a healthy glow. We love Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation. Before applying, mix it with a few drops of MeMeMe Beat the Blues Skin Illuminator to create a radiant finish.
- Next, apply a pink blush to the apples of your cheeks. Feel free to take a hint of blush up to your temples as well to further enhance your natural flush. We love Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Blush in Poser.
- For a set of totally show-stopping eyes, trace your top lash line with a jet-black liner. We love MAC Liquid Eye Liner. Finish off with lashings of black mascara.
- A fuchsia lip will ensure you look the part at the biggest party of the year. A slick of Hello Kitty Matte & Kiss Lipstick in Bollywood should do it.
- To achieve a show-stopping smile like Tulia’s, be sure to use your CleverWhite Tooth Whitening Stick and watch your chompers dazzle.
MAKE-UP TREND TO TRY: gorgeously glam like Julianne Hough
If the aim is to channel ‘old Hollywood’ beauty, then this make-up look is your ticket to the era that hosted glamorous starlets like Sophia Loren and Marilyn Monroe.
- Begin by applying a smoothing primer to bare, clean skin. We love Innoxa Pure Silk Skin Primer for a velvety finish.
- For your face base, choose a matte foundation that still delivers a shot of radiance. We love Avon Soft Matte Mousse Foundation as it helps to disguise fine lines and skin imperfections.
- Perk up the apples of your cheeks with a sweep of a rose coloured blush. We love Mirenesse Airbrush Minerals Soft Focus Blush Highlighter in Rose Dahlia for a natural flush.
- Next, line your top and bottom lash line with a creamy kohl pencil. We love Models Prefer Kohl Pencil in Pewter Grey.
- Achieve a full flutter just like Julianne’s by applying Eylure Individual Lashes to your top lashes. These lash-thickening extensions come in three different lengths and stay put for up to four weeks without the need to reapply!
- To finish, choose a blood red lipstick that will really make your pout POP. We’re crazy over Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick in Ruby Tuesday. Apply it over a matching lip liner for longer-lasting results.
MAKE-UP TREND TO TRY: golden goddess like Emily Blunt
It seems that all that glitters is in fact gold – or so it looks, thanks to Emily Blunt’s dazzling red carpet display. Her look was created using ck one color, and we’ve got the official how-to!
- Begin by applying a luminous foundation to your entire face and neck. We love ck one color 3-in-1 Face Makeup SPF 8 as it acts as a serum, primer and a foundation in one and creates an effortlessly radiant finish.
- To achieve a set of delectably defined cheekbones, stick to a pigmented bronzer that you can build up to achieve the desired depth of colour. Try ck one cream + powder bronzer in lightly golden 200, sweeping it underneath your cheekbones for a contoured result just like Em’s.
- For a dazzling pair of peepers, grab a ck one color eyeshadow quad in nymphet and apply the darker hue to your enter eyelid, using your middle finger to smudge the edges. Next, grab the gold/shimmery shade in the palette and apply it directly over the top of the darker hue.
- Achieve a full flutter with a few lashings of ck one color mascara in show.
- To finish, choose a peachy-coloured lip-gloss for your pout.
Which look do you like best for New Years Eve?