Warning messageRegistrations and logins temporarily disabled. Please try again later.
How-to: Julianne Hough's dazzling day/night makeup
FACT: I’m not normally one to stick to the rules when it comes to beauty, but it would be a rare occasion when you’d spot me out and about at night rocking make-up that would be better suited to the daylight. That’s just not how I roll. I like to keep my beauty looks fairly separate - and am/pm appropriate.
Julianne Hough however, is a little braver.
This was proven at the recent New York premier of her new flick Safe Haven. Julianne stars opposite Josh Duhamel in the flick, and it’s definitely one we’re aching to get to the cinema to catch. More exciting than a brand new chick flick is Julianne’s stunning red carpet make-up look. So bright and so radiant (and sans the run-of-the-mill smoky eye worn by most celebs on the red carpet), you’d think that she’d stepped out for a daytime get together. That is if it weren’t for the dazzling evening twist Julianne has applied that makes this look more than appropriate for the PM. Hello bright lips, gleamy cheeks and bold brows!
Want to know how to get the look at home? Simply follow the steps below…
- Get Julianne’s bright baby blues with a little help from Sexy Eyes. Just pop the (super safe) 1-Tone Lenses in Royal Blue onto your eyes and enjoy a stare that is seriously show stopping.
- Prep your skin with a glow-enhancing primer to let your skin’s natural radiance shine though. We love Lancôme La Base Pro Perfecting Make-up Primer - Oil Free because it refines skin texture and diffuses light to visibly reduce imperfections.
- Next, choose a foundation that works to improve your skin’s natural brightness. We love COVERGIRL Advanced Radiance Liquid Makeup.
- To inject your cheeks with just the right amount of shimmery goodness, apply a generous amount of Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick Compact in Rose over your apples.
- For brows that mean business, opt for a brow pencil that’s a few shades darker than your hair colour and features a super fine tip for ultimate definition. We love ARTISTRY Automatic Eyebrow Pencil.
- Cover your entire eyelid with a sweep of a sheer taupe eyeshadow for peepers that look ready for anything. We love Bloom Eye Shadow in Taupe. A sweep of black mascara will ensure a killer flutter.
- To finish, treat your lips to a nourishing treat that’ll get you noticed. We love MeMeMe Satin Lip Cream in Elektra for its long-lasting wear and shea butter and vitamin E-enriched formula.
What do you think of this look? How do you like to spice up your day make-up so it becomes suitable for night time?
|Seven of the best: skin-fixing foundations
||How Facebook helped a beauty queen lose 102kg||Top six: most-reviewed hair oils ever
||Five bad skin habits you never knew you had|